Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sad News

I have some sad news to share today. We will not be adopting another baby in July. The birthmother of that baby {boy} emailed us a couple of days ago to tell us that she has decided to parent her baby. Jon and I were not very surprised to get this email. Before I left for Georgia, we could tell that she was starting to have a harder time with her decision. I could tell that this would likely be the outcome and I was heartbroken. It was an interesting time because there were two such major things happening at the same time. I was going to Georgia, so excited, nervous, and happy to be meeting Whitney and NOAH. It felt like a dream. And, at the same time, I could see that the possiblilty of adopting this other baby who's mom I had been talking to for months, had gone to her last doctor appointment with, and had been making plans for this baby with was crashing down. We still love this great young woman and wish her all the best.

I post about this for a couple of reasons... since I had already posted about it, I, of course, need to clarify that it's not happening anymore but also because it's one of the possible realities of trying to adopt. Adoption can be a scary thing and I think that is why people sometimes avoid it. You often go through so much heartache with infertility before moving to adoption that the thought of more is hard to deal with. But, putting yourself out there and taking those risks has been so worth it to us because we got him...Seriously, have you ever seen anything cuter?
And even though it was a long and sometimes rough road getting here, all of it has been worth this little boy.

6 comments:

Heather and Rich said...

Angela :( ... I am so sorry. I really cannot begin to imagine what you and Jon have gone through and are going through right now. You have such an amazing outlook on all of it, and are incredible at finding the positives in a moment that doesn't seem so positive. Noah is beyond adorable, and I am so glad for you two that you have arrived at where you are now :)

Amie said...

I'm sorry to hear this. You are always such a positive person and you take it all in stride. Noah is such a cutie! I love all his hair and that cute little grin.

Melanie Bingham said...

I'm sorry your heart must be hurting.

Danielle said...

Noah is so beautiful Angela! what a great mother you are already. You are in my prayers, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your other little boy and the sadness you probably feel.

Jess said...

He really is the most darling boy! We are sad for you but so happy at the way things worked out with Noah.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. You are an amazing person and Noah is so cute! I am so happy you and Jon have started your family with this adorable little boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...