Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Day in Georgia

I have been keeping a blog for Noah's birth parents and their families and to journal about Noah. I'm going to copy some of my posts from that about our experience in Georgia in an effort to not have to recreate new ones right now. But...I am planning on this being a separate blog with different posts, I just need to get caught up!

2-13-10

Yesterday was quite the day. I got up, showered, and at about 5:30am decided to quickly check my email. Good thing I did too, my 8:30 flight to Atlanta had been canceled. I woke Jon up and he started calling the airline. Almost all the fights to Atlanta had been canceled due to a snow storm. He got me on another 8:30 flight that went straight to Atlanta without any detours. Little Miracle #1. My flight got in 2 hours earlier than my other one would have.


As Jon and I waited in line to check my bag, I started to feel emotional. I don't think it was just one feeling, it was so many emotions going through me. Excitement, anticipation, fear, I'm sure all of them. I said goodbye to Jon and was probably never so sad to see him go. Little Miracle #2, one of my best friend's sisters was behind me in the security line. Poor Brooke and Eric had to see me right at vulnerable moment where I happened to get all emotional all over again. I had two carry on's and a stroller and carseat that I barely know how to use. Lucky for me and not so lucky for them, they helped pick up the pieces when all of my things were all over that conveyor belt!


I boarded the plane with little time to spare and was relieved to be sitting in between two sleeping men. I was still not quite done being teary eyed yet and I sure didn't want it to come out on them if they decided to chat. I started to read a baby book and one of the guys next to me asked me if I was having a baby. Whew, luckily, the tear ducts had settled down and so we started talking about why I was headed to Georgia, to adopt our first baby. He was the proud dad of a 10 month old little boy and we chatted through a lot of the flight. At one point, the lady in front of us turned around and said that she couldn't help but overhear that I was adopting and she had just started that process herself. By the time the flight ended, quite a few people around us were wishing me luck on my journey. It's not really a topic that goes without a lot of curiosity and conversation wherever I go.


I got off the plane and the nice man sitting next to me waited for me and helped me get the stroller opened and everything loaded up. Little Miracle #3. I don't even know his name, but he walked me to the baggage claim (which we happened to need to get on a shuttle to get to or I would have had a long walk, and I don't think I would have figured that out without him) and showed me where to go to get my rental car. He was so nice to make sure that I got where I needed to go and probably had no idea how helpful it actually ended up being.


I got my baggage and my rental car and started heading up north to Cartersville. What would probably take about an hour in Utah, took about three to get there because of traffic and snow. I borrowed Jon's cousin's GPS and it was very helpful.


I got a little settled in and called Whitney. I went over to her family's house to eat caramel popcorn and watch a movie. They were so kind and welcoming. They seem like such a great family. I also got to meet Jose. Whitney and him are both so cute, they are definitely going to have an adorable baby. Whitney has such a cute pregnant belly but I think she is ready to get him out of there! I'm excited to go spend more time with them today! More updates to come later...


ps, I really miss Jon and wish he was here.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I read this... and now I want caramel popcorn haha
(you don't have to post this just thought I would tell ya ;)
Sounds like a real adventure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...