Whitney's water broke on a Saturday morning around 9:30 am. Her mom called me and I met them at the hospital. When it was time to push, the nurse told Whitney that it was time for anyone to leave that wasn't going to be in the delivery room. Whitney said that she wanted everyone that was already there (her mom, cousin, Jose, and myself) to stay. It was not something that I was expecting. What an honor. I love Whitney so much for letting me be there to watch Noah be born. Jon was on a flight to Atlanta during delivery and probably landed right as he was born. I went and picked him up from the airport while Whitney's family came to visit and we came straight back to the hospital so that Jon could meet Noah. He was beautiful with more hair than you have ever seen on a baby!
It was an emotional day. For me it was difficult, knowing how to feel and what to do. Through the whole experience I felt so excited for this sweet baby but I knew at the same time that this joy that I felt and would feel was coming through the sacrifice of someone else. That is very humbling. I didn't always know how to act, how much to show that excitement or even how to show that excitement and gratitude. I did my best and I hope that Whitney, Jose, and their families know how grateful we are for them and especially for Noah. He is the best thing in our lives.
I love this picture of Whitney, Jose, and Noah taken right after his birth.



3 comments:
If I am sitting at the computer and crying, Max now knows that it is because I am looking at your blog. :) Whitney is amazing and so are you.
Hey! It's Randi, Dans sister. I just wanted to say congratulations! I have heard and read bits of your story and think it is amazing! You can tell in the little time he has been here that he has affected you in the best way! What a beautiful little miracle that has joined your little family! I am so happy for you guys! Congrats again!
Congratulations! It's hard to read posts like this and not get choked up! Adoption is an amazing thing and unless you experience it for yourself, it's hard to understand all the emotions that go along with it! To be on the receiving end of such a selfless gift is an incredible thing! I can't think of any other act that is closer to being Christ-like than that of placing a child in an adoptive mother's arms. Our birthmother's better get a free pass strait to heaven :)
Post a Comment