Friday, December 11, 2009

The story of when girl met boy...

Preface: I want to be a good blogger. I want birth parents to feel like they know who we are through this blog. So, I want to tell the story of us. Actually, I want Jon and I to tell the story of us but he thinks it's a better job for me and says he'll blog about the Wii. My vote is that he does both. So, this post will be about when girl met boy, but if you'd like to hear the story of when boy met girl feel free to leave comments of encouragement!

10th Grade Journal Entry 9/18/99 by Angela:

"I hung out with Skyline boys today. Some of them were way cute. This one named John (spelled wrong) was way cute."
Little did Jonny know, after that day, I started daydreaming about him, this rival high school boy with his driver's license, when the boys at my school seemed less than desirable.

We didn't meet again until the next summer, in June 2000. He had gone to elementary school with some of my friends. His friends and my friends ran into each other one day and wanted to get together. I had forgotten all about this boy named Jonny.

For some reason, I remember exactly what I was wearing that first night. It was one of my favorite outfits of that summer; a red Abercrombie t-shirt with navy blue shorts and tennis shoes, hidden ankle socks, of course. It was cute, trust me. He was (still is) very good looking with his dark tanned skin and beautiful eyes. He was built more like a man than a 17 year old boy. It was the season for football practice and so his head was shaved, just like the rest of his team's. And, may I add, he has a very nice shaped head. ;)

There were a lot of boys that I liked that summer. I had a Lake Powell fling, an EFY crush, and old boyfriend all on my mind but, we kept hanging out with these "Skyline boys" throughout the summer, and, the quiet boy named Jonny, was always there.

He was, actually, very quiet back then and probably still is a little bit now. It took a little longer to get to know him. He was slowly opening up and seemed to be showing some extra interest. One of the first times I think I really noticed this interest was when he showed up to swim at my friend, Whitney's house, by himself. That was out of character for him, to come without his friends. He was shy but that shell was starting to break. We had so much fun that day, raising a pole higher and higher to dive over and competing to see who could do the better tricks.

The summer came to an end and I wasn't sure what would happen with this boy named Jonny. Skyline's homecoming dance was early in the year and two of his friends had asked two of my friends to go with them but Jonny hadn't asked me. I wanted him to ask me but, I wondered, would he?

to be continued...

4 comments:

Katy said...

Ang, that was so fun! Can't wait to hear more...I for sure want to hear when boy meets girl too.

Ali said...

What a great idea!

You're such a good writer. I'm looking forward to the next installment! These are details that all passed by me at the time. I was occupied with who knows what, but unfortunately it wasn't your love story!

Jess said...

Good memories! Love the idea. I put the story of how tom and I met in Porter's first year scrapbook because I think it is important your kids know. I remember all those flings and crushes of that summer. Ah the EFY boy, seriously?! Jon was always the winner in my book! Can't wait to hear his side. It's funny how they usually have such a different version.

Ang said...

ha ha, Jess, I'm crackin up! EFY boy and Lake Powell boy weren't such winners, just players. So funny... I think you should blog what you put in Porter's book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...