Saturday, July 23, 2011

Unplanned Pregnancy

Our caseworker recently asked us if we'd be willing to come and talk to a group that meets at LDS Family Services.  It's made up of women and men and some of their parents who have found theirselves in the situation of unplanned pregnancy and are looking for support.  Some of them have decided to parent, some have decide to place their baby for adoption, and some are trying to decide what to do.

Jon and I had the opportunity to go and talk to this group this past week and tell them about our adoption experience.  What a humbling experience for us.  These were darling girls and couples that have such an incredibly difficult decision to make.  I know that I have said before that I love listening to birth parent panels, and although this was not one of those and we only heard a little bit of their stories, I think what I love the most about panels and just meeting birth parents {or women in this situation} in general is it helps bring me back to reality.  It puts faces and stories to these wonderful people that hold such a dear place in my heart.  It reminds me that even though our struggles might be different, we are so much alike.  I am so grateful for these opportunities!  And, am especially grateful for Whitney, Jose, and their families for giving us our wonderful little boy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...