It is ironic that people often view placing a child for adoption as a selfish act or taking the easy way out because it is so much the opposite. I have been so impressed over and over again with the stories of birth parents, especially birth mothers.
Placing a child for adoption is an incredibly selfless act. It frequently brings me to tears thinking of the sacrifice that birth mothers make. No matter what situation brought them to placing their child for adoption, I have no doubt that the decision is made out of pure love for this child. Without that kind of love, I don't think anyone could make that kind of sacrifice.
Our children will always know how much their birth parents love them.
If you haven't watched the video at the bottom of this blog, watch it...
and if you want to watch more like it, go to itsaboutlove.org



2 comments:
Wow, you are one amazing girl Ang. It's neat to hear your thoughts and feelings about your experience. Hope you are both well.
Hey, just catching up with all of your big news. You know how I feel about adoption, having been adopted myself, and doing my BSW practicum at LDSFS downtown. I am excited for you to begin this journey. The spirit works so strongly in this area, this I know for a fact. And as my boss at LDSFS used to say "there are no coincidences in adoption." I whole-heartedly agree! Good luck.
Post a Comment